Thursday, July 26, 2012

Urban 9 patch, bags from jeans, and a runner up!

Working on my urban 9 patch quilt using a new ruler from sew kind of wonderful. It is called the quick curve ruler and I can't wait to start cutting with it. Right now I am just working on the 9 patches for the centers. I have ordered a curve master sewing foot and will be using that to help get nice curved piecing without pinning! Yeah! I hate pinning. :)






I Have ve also made a couple of bags from kids jeans. They turned out cute. I used inspiration from a recent issue of STITCH magazine. They are great for kids school bags. We used old ties for the handles which are soft and sting for all those books;-) The girls each got to pick out jeans from goodwill, the fabrics to use, designed the fabric layout, and picked the ties. Pretty good job for 6 and 7 year olds. The picture here are of Faiths bags b/c I think Bekah was sleeping with hers! LOL. I love letting them help out in the sewing room. Great memories.





I also wanted to let you all know that I got an honorable mention for my house quilt! I had sent it in for the Alliance for American Quilts home contest this year. It will now be traveling the US to some big quilt shows and then auctioned on eBay to support the alliance. I was very surprised at the honorable mention because of the amazing quilts entered... But I will sure take it! Sorry for the horrible picture. I remembered in the car in front of the post office as I was sending it out for the judging. If you want to see a good picture of it it you can see it here. Along with all the winners for 2012.
I am number 51--- the wonky log cabin in solids.

All for now. Enjoy!
-amy

No comments:

Post a Comment