Monday, December 26, 2011

Bag Books: Quick Review

Amy Butler's Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful BagsHere is a picture of the newest thing to be finished from the sewing room. It is a pattern from Amy Butlers Style Stitches: 12 easy ways to 26 wonderful bags.   The bag turned out great and is a huge.  I used regular quilters broadcloth and with a pellon fusible on each side it stands up great.  It should hold about 3 plastic bags worth of groceries!

I recommend this book, but only if you have some experience with bags or another book with more pictures for reference. This book does have great patterns, but does not dive into bag making techniques and is not a step by step reference.  As I am fairly new to bags... (I have made 2 others)  I needed to reference a couple of other books that I highly recommend.
The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique BagsThe Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags.  By: Lisa Lam   this book talks about all the techniques and has tons of color pictures.
But, my very favorite reference guide for bag making is:  Sew Serendipity Bags: Fresh and Pretty Projects to Sew and Love.  By: Kay Whitt. This book is set up similarly to Amy Butler's, but it goes into much more detail for each step and has tons of pictures and tips along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Love the green bag! I've been on a bag kick. Can't get enough tote bags. I will never use them all, lol.

    ReplyDelete